Boot time scan with Avast antivirus 8.0
Avast free Anti-virus is used to protect the computers from viruses. Avast anti-virus 8.0 is a free software that can be downloaded from: http://www.avast.com/en-in/index
We can schedule boot time scan to do a through check of the PC, so that when we restart it, Avast does a boot time scan for viruses. To schedule a boot time scan, we have to follow the following steps:
- Open Avast user interface.
- Click on ‘Security’ tab.
- Click on Antivirus in the list of tabs on the left side.
- Click on ‘Scan now’ option inside ‘Antivirus’.
- On the right side, scroll to bottom, to see ‘Boot-time scan’ option.
- Click on ‘Schedule now to schedule to run the scan on next system restart as shown in Figure-1.
- We can set Boot-time parameters as shown in Figure-2, which we get by clicking on ‘Settings’ button.
- Areas to scan ‘All harddisks’, is default. Click on ‘Add’ to select specific locations we want to scan.
- Leave these two options checked, ‘Scan for potentially unwanted programs (PUPs)’ and ‘Unpack archive files’.
- We need to specify an automatic option, if we need an unattended scan, from the options provided in ‘When a threat is found, apply the following action’, chose ‘Move to chest’ option, other options shown are ‘Repair’, ‘Ask’, ‘Delete’ and ‘No action.
- Once done with these settings, restart the computer.